Your sofa is a popular spot in the home. Relaxing, unwinding, visiting, storytelling, and watching epic films, or ridiculous ones; that couch is a common area where many residents indulge their spare time. You want to keep your couch in the best condition considering the activities that take place. Including spontaneous nose bleeds or a playful wresting match gone wrong. No matter the circumstances, there is now dried blood adorning your favorite sofa.
Direct Carpet Cleaners would like to help you remove that blood stain. Below are a few methods to lifting the blood stain from cloth upholstery.
Mild Detergent Upholstery Cleaning Solution Method
1. In a container or squirt bottle, combine 1 TBS liquid dish soap with 2 cups of cold water. Mix well.
2. Using a clean cloth, sponge the solution onto the cloth and gently moisten the blemished area. Do NOT saturate the fabric, merely wet it down and allow it to set for approximately five minutes.
3. Using a designated tooth brush, gently brush a stain with moderate pressure. Do not scrub too firmly or brush too vigorously.
4. Once the dried brush as been worked through, blot the area with a clean, dampen cloth. Repeat until stain has been successfully removed.
5. Perform a final rinse using a clean, damp cloth.
6. Towel dry the remaining moisture.
Baking Soda Sofa Cleaning Method
1. Mix together 1 baking soda with 2 parts cold water in a bucket.
2. Dip a clean cloth into your mixture, and sponge it on onto the stain. Allow it to stain for 30 minutes.
3. Using a clean dampened cloth, blot away the mixture and stain.
4. Towel dry the area.
Hydrogen Peroxide Couch Cleaning Method
1. Apply hydrogen peroxide on the stained area sparingly, just slightly dampened. Do not over saturate. Leave the peroxide on the stain for approximately 30 minutes.
2. Using a clean, dry cloth blot up the stain. Apply additional peroxide as needed.
3. After the stain has been lifted, rinse the area with cool water and a clean cloth. Either use a spray bottle or sponge the water onto the affected area.
4. Towel dry the remaining moisture.
Meat Tenderizing Upholstery Cleaning Method
1. The meat tenderizer will break down protein from the blood to make stain removal a bit easier.
2. Mix 1 TBS meat tenderizer to 2 TBS cold water to create a paste.
3. Using a spoon, sprinkle the paste onto the dried blood stain. Rub it gently in to the upholstery with your fingers and allow it to set in for 1 hour.
4. Brush away the paste with a cloth.
5. Using a clean, dampened cloth, remove any remaining residue.
6. Towel dry the remaining liquid.
Upholstery Sofa & Couch Cleaning as well as Carpet, Floor & Furniture Cleaning in Las Vegas, Summerlin, North Las Vegas & Henderson Nevada
Removing assortments of stains from a variety of upholstery materials; it can prove tricky to remove stubborn stains. Call upon the specialists to lift away the stains. Direct Carpet Cleaners has skillful professionals utilizing the top of the line equipment, and superior cleaning detergents to effectively remove any stains or underlining dirt, to make your upholstered furniture look and feel cleaned, refreshed and vibrant. Call us today to schedule your next appointment.