If you are a coffee drinker, you are probably familiar with the ring shaped brown stains that get left behind from your daily cup of brew. If you look around your home, you will most likely find them on newspapers, coffee tables, desks, papers and bedside tables. As a regular coffee drinker you will eventually have a morning mishap that will lead to a spill that will land on your carpet. When this happens it is imperative that you act quickly or the coffee stain will set deep into the carpet fibers and dry making it much harder to treat and remove.
Coffee, Milk & Cream Stain & Odor Removal
When treating a coffee stain on carpet, the faster you are to react the more successful you will be removing the stain. Coffee with added milk or cream is especially problematic as it can fester and become odorous. If you want to keep you carpeting spot and odor free, you will need to learn how to effectively remove coffee stains from your carpet.
The professional carpet cleaning specialists at Direct Carpet Cleaners have provided the following carpet care techniques to help you combat coffee stains between professional carpet cleanings.
• As with any stain, the first thing you should do is quickly blot up the spill using a clean cloth or paper towel. Dab at the spot and soak up as much of the liquid as you possibly can. Do not rub at the spill. Rubbing can push the coffee deeper into the carpet fibers.
• Examine you carpet, if it is valuable, such as an antique or family heirloom, the experts at Direct Carpet Cleaners recommend scheduling an appointment for a professional carpet cleaning to ensure your precious carpet will not be damaged during the DIY cleaning process.
• Always spot test when using any type of cleaning solution. Apply the cleaning solution to an inconspicuous area before applying to the stain.
• The knowledgeable carpet cleaning professionals at Direct Carpet Cleaners recommend a cleaning solution that consists of 2/3 cup warm water with either 1/3 cup of white vinegar or 1 teaspoon of liquid dishwashing detergent. If the coffee contained cream or milk, use an enzyme based laundry detergent instead of dishwashing liquid.
• Apply the mixture to the stain with a sponge or spray bottle, dampen the soiled spot but do not soak the area. Using a clean cloth or paper towel, blot and repeat until the stain is removed.
• Once the spot is gone, dampen the area with some clean water and blot up. If the area is still wet, place a clean towel on top and weigh it down with a heavy object to soak up as much of the excess water as possible.
• If the stain was very large and the spot is still visible after several applications of the cleaning solution, contact Direct Carpet Cleaners to schedule a professional deep steam clean.
Professional Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal as well as other Cleaning & Restoration Services in the Las Vegas Valley including Summerlin, North Las Vegas & Henderson Nevada
Older stains are much more difficult to treat than brand new stains; this is why it is especially important to take action as soon as the coffee is spilled. Make sure you clean up every bit of the stain, especially if it contains a dairy product such as milk which can smell if it is given the opportunity to sour. If you are struggling to remove a coffee stain, or any other type of stain, contact Direct Carpet Cleaners today! Our carpet care technicians are available to offer you a professional level of carpet care that you can’t achieve on your own!