With the Holiday Season upon us, it has been time for Christmas and New Year Eve parties and entertaining. With all the chaos revolving you, you likely haven’t have had time to hit the salons for perfectly painted nails, thus have been doing touch-ups yourself. But what to do if that perfect shade of polish should spill, smear or spackle your carpet? First, relax, take a few calming breathes and read on.
Direct Carpet Cleaners will relate a few methods you can try to clean and get that nail polish out of your rugs or carpets.
Before we get to the nitty – gritty, it is always imperative that you perform a patch test on any detergent or homemade products to ensure the integrity of your carpet fibers, and to make certain the cleaning solution will not compromise the color of your carpet. It is better tested in an inconspicuous area of the carpet where it is not obviously seen if it should alter your carpet.
Nail Polish Carpet Cleaning & Removal Method #1 – Dried Stains
(Better approach for nail polish that has dried.)
– Wet the stain with cold water. Do not use hot water as this could cause the stain to set in, leaving it next to impossible to remove.
– Spritz the stain generously with hairspray, then follow with a few drops of rubbing alcohol.
– With a small scrubbing brush and while pouring cool water onto the stain ( a small steady stream), gently scrub up the nail polish.
– Repeat until nail polish is successfully removed.
Nail Polish Carpet Cleaning & Removal Method #2 – Fresh Spills
(Better used on handling fresh spills.)
– Immediately use paper towels to absorb as much liquid as possible. Do not rub or scrub, simply blot with light pressure. A clean cloth can be used if paper towels are not available. Although, if you are using a cloth, make sure you use fresh sides, and corners so you don’t reapply the mess.
– Nail polish remover with no acetone (acetone could lighten your carpet) should be lightly applied to the remaining stain, and with either a handful of cotton balls or a few paper towels, begin to blot the stain.
– Repeat as necessary.
– After stain has been successfully lifted, rinse with cool water and dry with a clean cloth or towel.
Nail Polish Carpet Cleaning & Removal Method #3
– Blot away liquid with paper towels.
– Apply window cleaner on the remaining stain.
– Using a moistened sponge or dampened cloth, gentle massage the stain using circular motions and lift the polish.
– With cool water, rinse the stain thoroughly.
– Adequately blot dry with a clean towel and allow the area to air dry.
– Once dried, vacuum.
The stain is usually removed with one try, however, if it persists, repeat.
Professional Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal, Floor & Upholstery Cleaning in Las Vegas, Summerlin, North Las Vegas & Henderson Nevada
Some stains require more attention and tender love can care. If the stain is stubborn after attempting the above methods, call Direct Carpet Cleaners. Among our many services, our expert professionals have the state of the art equipment and top notch detergents to better remove even the most toughest stains. Call today for an appointment.