Let’s face it, unless you are a single person, with no one ever riding along with you in your vehicle, your upholstery is endanger of spills, stains and odors. Especially if you have tiny passengers that are highly accident prone with their motor skills still developing. With all that could be spilled or projected onto your upholstery, there is still hope in getting clean and fresh again.
Direct Carpet Cleaners would like to offer some tips on getting your vehicle’s upholstery clean.
– Removing Stubborn Auto Leather Upholstery Stains. Pre-treat the stains with a leather conditioner. Using a leather stain remover, follow labels direction to remove the stain.
– Removing Ink Stains from Auto Upholstery. Apply an aerosol hair spray or rubbing alcohol and water solution and blot carefully with a clean cloth.
– Auto Upholstery Grease or Oil Stain Removal. For fast food grease or oil based makeup products like lipstick, use watered-down paint thinner. Apply onto a cotton ball or cotton cloth and blot up the stain. Lightly sprinkle salt and allow to sit overnight then vacuum thoroughly.
– Removing Coffee Stain from Auto Upholstery. Rinse with cold water and blot up the diluted coffee spill with paper towels. Apply your choice of glass cleaner (Windex is preferable) and apply to the area. Again, softly blot up the moisture. If the stain persists, use a warm water and dish soap liquid solution and apply to the stain. Gently remove the stain using a circular rubbing motion.
– Removing Vomit Stains from Automotive Upholstery. Try to get as much vomit removed, as soon as possible, using paper towels. Rinse with cold water and blot again with paper towels. Using a warm water and liquid dish soap mixture, gently wash up the stain. Dab club soda onto a clean, dry cloth and blot up the moisture. If club soda is unavailable, make a paste using baking soda and cool water.
– Blood Stain Extraction from Auto Upholstery. Avoid using hot water and soap, as this could make the spot next to impossible to remove. Soak in cold water and blot stain. Continue to blot up the stain while continuing to rinse the cloth.
General Automotive Upholstery Cleaning Tips
– Always test any homemade cleaning solutions or upholstery commercial cleaners in an inconspicuous area to ensure the fabric isn’t compromised.
– Never vigorously scrub at stains as this could just spread the stain and make it harder to remove.
– Always clean your upholstery materials accordingly. Leather, vinyl and fabrics are all cleaned differently and need to be properly treated and cared for.
Professional Auto Upholstery Fabric & Leather Cleaning & Conditioning in Las Vegas, Summerlin, North Las Vegas & Henderson Nevada
If getting your vehicle’s upholstery is difficult for you to execute, hire Direct Carpet Cleaners to do it for you. We offer this service among many others, and have trained and experienced professionals to efficiently clean your automobile’s upholstery.