Tile has a look that many people love and there are those that have the idea that this type of flooring has more cleaning and maintenance than they would like to deal with; that it’s more time-consuming and expensive. The fact is that tile and grout cleaning isn’t tedious or expensive. Mildew, dirt and gunk will stick to the crevices in your grout and lots of options exist that will allow you to keep them looking as great as they did the day they were installed. The problem is that many of us don’t start fast enough to prevent mold from setting in. Neglecting your tile can lead to future problems!
What Makes Grout Look Dirty & Darker than When First Installed?
1. Layers of dirt buildup when floors get mopped and walking around on. This leads to dirt buildup on the tile and the grout. Taking steps to clean as dirt occurs, will be a lot easier to take care of them if you wait too long. Films of dirt are easier to clean than layers of dirt!
2. Mold can develop on the surfaces of your home and mold spores are always in search of heat sources, humidity sources and sometimes sources of food. Homes with high-traffic areas have food dropping on the tile and grout along with spilled drinks that can lead to mold growth. If you add dirty shoes to the mix, you’ll have the perfect conditions for mold to grow. Mold can lead to health issues like breathing problems and allergic reactions so mold growth needs to be prevented in grout.
3. Atmospheric conditions like rain, wind and sun rays will produce dust in your home along with plain old dirt. Dust is everywhere and will use tiny holes in grout to settle into. Dust can also lead to breathing problems and allergy issues too.
4. Even if your grout is clean, it will look dark and dirty when dirt, dust and mold collect for weeks and months. This is not the look you want.
5. Pets can also make grout look dirty because they have oils in their hair that transfers to the tile and grout.
How to Clean & Care for Stone Shower & Floor Tile & Grout
The time to care for your grout is as soon as there is exposure to the elements. Caring for your grout needs to part of your routine cleaning habits. The job won’t feel so daunting if small additions to your cleaning routine are made. In homes with pets and small children you can give natural methods a try before running to the hardware store to purchase chemicals. There are many options to clean your grout that you probably already have in your home. Vinegar, vinegar with baking soda, lemons and hydrogen peroxide. Try any of these natural ways to clean tile along with a spray bottle and some elbow grease to get your grout sparkling again.
Professional Tile & Grout Cleaning in Las Vegas, Summerlin, North LV & Henderson Nevada
It is possible to keep your grout and tile looking brand new. Just add some tender loving care and a little added time to clean them regularly and you’ll be glad you did. This can be followed up with regular professional cleanings. Call Desert Carpet Cleaning today to schedule an appointment!